Gallatin Veterinary Hospital offers a full range of internal medicine services for dogs and cats.
A key to our success in treating these illnesses is the broad range of advanced diagnostic capabilities available to us including:
- Digital Radiography - Digital x-rays are far superior to conventional x-rays for obtaining the detailed images necessary to make difficult diagnoses. Because they are digital, we can e-mail them to a board-certified radiologist to read and review. Usually we can have an answer back within an hour.
- Digital Dental Radiography-Dental x-rays offer a giant leap forward in the evaluation of oral health. These high resolution images detect small problems before they become a larger problem. These x-rays can be sent by e-mail to radiologists or veterinary dentists for immediate consultation.
- Ultrasound - This diagnostic tool allows detailed visualization of organs and abnormalities that can’t be seen on radiographs. They are often used together to diagnose abdominal diseases, bladder abnormalities or heart conditions.
- Full In-House Laboratory Services - We can perform comprehensive serum chemistry and blood-count analyses for rapid results. When routine bloodwork and uncommon diagnostic tests are required, we send out blood, urine and fecal samples to an outside laboratory; most results are available within 24-48 hours. The Gallatin Veterinary Hospital carries many serum tests for rapid in-house diagnostics-diseases like Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV), Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV), pancreatitis, blood glucose, parvovirus, and heartworm disease. We can have results and a diagnosis within a few minutes.
- Rigid endoscopy - This small video device can look up the nose to find tumors, foreign bodies or identify other abnormalities. This is utilized to visualize the inner ear to diagnose and treat persistent ear infections or travel through the urethra to image the inside of the bladder.
- Microscopy-For evaluation of common and uncommon infections, tumors, parasites or other conditions.
The combination of our computer-based records, digitized lab work results and radiographs enable quality and rapid consultation with experts in the fields of cardiology, oncology, internal medicine, and dermatology, to name a few. Further, our doctors are members of an online community called Veterinary Information Network (VIN), which connects veterinarians around the world with each other and provides a wealth of veterinary medicine. This invaluable resource provides a wealth of information for our veterinary team in diagnosing and treating those unusual and difficult to manage cases.
We are constantly investigating and implementing the newest techniques, supplements and drugs in the field of advanced arthritis and pain management. We hope to offer a promising new technique called autologous conditioned plasma to manage advanced cases of degenerative joint disease. This is a technique which is currently showing more promise than other similar techniques such as stem cell therapy, while at a much more affordable price.
We can provide further information on any of the above listed diagnostic tests. Please e-mail us or call Gallatin Veterinary Hospital with questions or inquiries about Internal Medicine Services or our Diagnostic Capabilities.